Moving Hackathon with full-sized self-driving car challenge and small-sized donkey car challenge for global autonomous driving engineers, hackers, developers and enthusiasts
Self-driving Moving Hackathon For Autonomous Driving Engineers and Hackers
Hackathon/ Engineering/ Challenge/ Meetup
What’s In There
- First-hand Experiences On Real Self-driving Cars (Get hands on real self-driving cars and verify algorithms while the car driving by itself)
- Software Deployment (Experience the full software stack based on the self-driving framework to finish the challenges)
- Mentorship and Guidance (Experienced hardware and software engineers at PIX to provide onsite mentorship and assistance
- Igniting Engineering Spirit (Challenge oneself and finish the meaningful adventure through collaboration)
- Global Engineer Meetup (Meet with global self-driving engineers to network, connect, beer and make friends)
- Sharing and Spreading Insights (Fireside chats and presentations to share opinions and spread thoughts)
- Hackathon Bonus: Udacity Courses (Get Udacity course and Onsite Self-driving Training for free)
Why The Hackathon
Moving Hackathon provides car platforms equipped with computing abilities, sensors, drive-by-wire control and other hardware support, also closed urban roads to test and challenge for global self-driving engineers, who can stay focused on algorithms/software design, optimization and development without worrying about car/hardware to test.
Moving Hackathon is a self-driving global meetup and hackathon event with two onsite participating categories: Full-sized Self-driving Car Onsite Challenge and DIY Robocars Donkey Car Challenge. With sparking spirit of engineering and technology innovation as the aim, Moving Hackathon is meant to facilitate the mutual growth and inspiration among self-driving startups, engineers, developers and enthusiasts worldwide, lowering the entry barrier of self-driving for common developers.
Technology and science industrial park, Guiyang, Guizhou, China
Full-sized Self-driving Car Onsite Challenge: May 22-27, 2019
Small-sized Donkey Car Onsite Challenge: May 25-27, 2019
The development components and accessories stuff will be provided by the Organizer, also free accommodation & foods, and reimbursement for flights. Check out Moving Hackathon FAQ here
In the hackathon approach, Moving Hackathon continues to facilitate the intelligent transformation of traditional vehicles, and every Hackathon would ignite an engineer party with the spirit of engineering challenge. Lit with a sense of technology punk and technology democratization, Moving Hackathon nurtures iteration and innovation from the bottom up. More details can be found here https://www.pixmoving.com/movinghackathon
We are inviting engineers, students and hackers etc. who are passionate about the self-driving industry (but you are at least 18 years old). Of course, chances of acceptance will be much higher if you are talented in car electronics and autonomous driving software. The final Moving Hackathon participants list will be out before April 22nd, 2019 and you’ll get a confirmation email once accepted.
Submit the online application form on the website https://www.pixmoving.com/movinghackathon If additional information is needed, another technical form might be sent to you via email after your submission (it depends)
How to enter
Apply Moving Hackathon by filling out a simple form online with name, email and a brief introduction https://www.pixmoving.com/movinghackathon
Full-sized Category: Single-mission performance and the total completion time Donkey Car Category: Run laps and the shortest time record wins